Ringshall School is an education setting for primary school pupils ages 4 to 11.
There is an exciting opportunity for a teaching assistant apprentice to join their team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Undertake a range of routine tasks to support learning e.g. listening to reading, discussing stories etc.
- Assist an individual pupil, or a small group of pupils, some of whom may have Special Educational Needs.
- As appropriate, look after sick/upset pupils and attend to physical needs.
- Undertake routine tasks to support the teacher during lessons, e.g. preparing classroom materials, displaying pupils' work.
- Supervising small groups of pupils whilst the teacher is carrying out assessments.
- Assist teaching staff to ensure that the aims and objectives of the school are achieved.
- Maintain basic records.
GCSE Grade A*-C (9-4) in English and Maths are essential
- Ability to read and understand instructions.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Good IT skills are required for this role.
- Understanding of Google docs.
- Work experience within a school setting.
- Team work is essential but candidate must also be able to work alone.
- Confident and reliable with good attention to detail.
- Understanding of how highly confidential all aspects of school life are.
Training to be Provided
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Safeguarding and confidentiality is key to this role (full training will be given on arrival). Pupils are taught both inside and outdoors. There is an expectation to work during pupils lunchtimes and breaks. All school staff have to comply to a Code of Conduct in school and out of school. The education of pupils is key to this role. Pupils' safety and wellbeing is paramount to everything we do.
Ringshall School has a very experienced group of Teaching Assistants that we often need to appoint due to changes in pupils needs. There is possibility of employment at the end of the training. The school is willing to support ongoing training for the right candidate.
If we have no vacancies at the end of training, there maybe opportunities in one of our 14 other schools in the Academy Trust.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/06/2021
£135 per week
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.