Vacancy Full Description
A Teaching Assistant provides support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils. During lessons, you’ll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour. Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom. You’ll also accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Team player
- Good time management and organisation
- Flexibility to support across the school
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and other stakeholders
For the right candidate who proves to be hard working flexible on hours along with the passion and dedication to complete their apprenticeship successfully the prospects of a full time role with further training and development are excellent.
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/05/2021
£ 130.08 (Weekly)
This job is located in Stowmarket
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.