Kier Highways is looking to recruit a Technical Apprentice working from our Wymondham office. The successful post holder will be able to learn all the skills needed to become a highways engineer.
On this apprenticeship we would expect you to developed skills in:
- Working independently using your own initiative
- Understand safe working practices within the work environment
- Carry out a full range of business support activities
- Understand the business environment
- Contribute and support the delivery of Highways Technology Projects.
- Develop skills in surveying, inspections, investigations.
- Develop skills in site supervision and technology equipment commissioning.
- Become registered with HERS NHSS 8, i.e. become a compotent experienced Highways Technology Engineer.
- Develop of knowledge of highways technology standards.
- Develop Health and Safety knowledge and skills.
- Potential to develop technology design skills including CAD.
- Potential to develop skills to allow registration as an electrician.
- Learn to plan and project manage small projects.
In addition to the formal training programme you will receive hands on experience including mentoring and coaching from skilled members of the team.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English grades A-C
- Good standards of written and verbal communication
- Computer literate with MS Office
- Able to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organised
- Customer service skills
- Driving Licence
- Technology related qualifications
The role includes participation on a nationally recognised qualification programme, along with structured work-based experience guided by a skilled mentor.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
This job is located in Wymondham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Kier Group
We are a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invest in, build, maintain and renew the places where people live, work and play. From building and civil engineering services to property design and management, we cover a variety o...