The following information is from the National Apprenticeships Service
AST are looking for an IT Systems Support Engineer to join their growing systems team to provide systems support throughout the nature of the business.
Some of the roles you will be undertaking are:
- Testing and repairing satellite communications equipment.
- Carrying out diagnostics, electronics & communications theory.
- Soldering and IP based networking.
- Good knowledge of home networking and willing to learn about satellite systems and networks is required.
- General knowledge within IT hardware will be required and experience with cabling and IP networking is needed.
- (Full training and support will be provided as part of the 13 month apprenticeship).
Please note this vacancy may close early if a suitable applicant is sought.
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Good IT skills with knowledge of MS Office applications – Essential.
- Understand the need to deal with customers sensitively and courteously – Essential.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team – Essential.
- Computer system knowledge.
- Networking knowledge.
- Personal qualities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – Essential.
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm – Essential.
- Strong desire to learn – Essential.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Permanent position for the right candidate, as well as opportunity to progress onto Level 4 after year 1.
For full details and applications, use the buttons below to visit findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/06/2018
£7,215.00 - £11,700.00
This job is located in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.