Calling all YEAR 10 Students….
Are you a problem solver?
Finance is at the heart of Tesco and our Finance team has one of the widest viewpoints in the business – touching every part of the company. Finance at Tesco is about solving real-world business problems and to improve all areas of our organisation. Whether that be by setting strategy, guiding product selection, or reviewing new business opportunities, it’s much more than just numbers!
We want to offer you the opportunity to learn more about what we do, careers in finance, and to develop your future employability. We welcome any Year 10 student and no prior experience is required to take part.
The work experience programme will be run online and will involve the completion of a Finance themed challenge, developing skills in the process. At the end of the work experience, you will present your completed challenge back. In addition to this, you will hear from a range of different finance teams across the business and how they each help contribute to serving our shoppers a little better every day. You will also see first-hand what it’s like to work in the Finance department of a FTSE100 listed company.
We will help you to complete your challenge and also improve your future employability skills with live workshops on: Presentation techniques, CV writing, Interview advice, and Finance Careers.
So why not take a look inside the world of Tesco Finance.
Workshop highlights include:
- Introduction to Tesco Finance
- Ways to get into Finance
- Employability skills
- Finance Careers panel
- Qualification options
- Students who have not previously had work experience, do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) and qualify for FSM or Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply
- Students will need to be able to access the online classroom (details to follow) from 10:00am – 4:00pm each day. Daily live sessions must be attended.
- Students should have access to Microsoft Excel
- Work must be uploaded by Thursday 8th April at 12:30pm
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
PLEASE NOTE: This placement is a VIRTUAL placement and does NOT require students to attend a physical office. Details about how to access the placement will be sent to students when their applications are successful.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Interview skills
- Time management
- Giving presentations
- IT skills
- Using new software
- CV Writing
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/03/2021
More Information and How to Apply
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...