Due to continuous business growth, we are looking for two new apprentices to join our busy traffic office on a permanent basis. The successful candidates will be working alongside our most experienced Traffic Planners learning many aspects of our business.
This role will be ideal for someone who would like an introduction to the world of logistics whilst continuing with their education. The successful candidates will be enrolled in an appropriate apprentice to support their development.
Location: Fakenham, Norfolk.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 16:00 (with 1 in 3 Saturdays).
Day-to-day duties could include:
- Answering inbound calls from both drivers and customers.
- Monitoring drivers working hours and driver activity by the hour.
- Allocating drivers jobs efficiently.
- Proactively dealing with driver’s issues relating to customer deliveries.
- Reporting updates directly to our customers, building strong customer rapport.
- Reporting vehicle faults promptly to the workshop, assisting with booking MOT’s and services.
- Advising drivers both in person and over the telephone,
- Making back-up plans to cover changes in circumstances,
- Using computer software packages for booking delivery times, checking to ensure accuracy with details.
- Efficiently communicating with the Traffic Team on updates and issues.
Key Skills Required:
- Good customer service and communication skills,
- Confident approach to handling inbound and outbound calls.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt plans.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Comfortable with using IT, computer imputing, updates, times and notes etc.
Must be able to cope with a very fast-paced working environment in a busy office.
Please note: Our Traffic office is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
The closing date for this job offer is on 26/10/2020
This job is located in Fakenham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Jack Richards & Son
Jack Richards & Son is a national road transport service with a well-earned reputation for reliability. For over 60 years we have been successfully caring for our customers and their road transport needs, working from strategically located depots across the c...