About the employer
'We are an award winning, top 30 accountancy and business advisory firm serving private clients and regional, national and international businesses.
Whether you’re a start-up looking for help with your bookkeeping, or an established company needing support with your annual accounts, we see these tasks as just the start. We work hard to understand your business completely, and build a close working relationship where we can add lasting value. All the advice we give you is focused on your specific goals, and we’re quick to spot other specialist areas you might benefit from, such as tax planning'
Monday - Friday. Times TBC. Total hours per week: 37.50.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's 9-4/A*-C grades or equivalent including maths and English
- 110+ UCAS points or equivalent (BBC)
The First Step apprenticeship programme requires the accurate and efficient processing of client accounting information by using relevant software. You will normally will be supervised but as capability and experience should grow quickly, supervision will become more remote. The role demands the ability to speak to colleagues, clients and other contacts in a mature and professional manner.
- Begin to demonstrate capability in, and understanding of, the principles of book-keeping and double entry
- Regular and repeat practice in the drafting of straightforward sole trader, partnership accounts and straight forward limited company accounts
- Build knowledge of tax and begin to draft basic computations
- Adhere to required job procedures: i.e. follows instructions from his/her supervisor and draft work to required compliance and presentation standards
- Ensure basic assignments and duties are completed to required time guidelines given by supervisor
- Check own work and correct obvious errors before handing work (accounts or audit) to a supervisor
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the purpose of statutory accounting and audit work including compliance and legal requirements
- Seek help and support with queries and more complex tasks
- Refer matters beyond current experience/capability level to others
- Present the firm’s professional image to clients and demonstrate professional relations with clients
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/12/2020
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with leading online learning technologies, award-winning study materials and support from the industry's most experienced tutors and assessors who are dedicated to ensuring success in your studies...