About the employer
'Whether you’re a start-up looking for help with your bookkeeping, or an established company needing support with your annual accounts, we see these tasks as just the start. We work hard to understand your business completely, and build a close working relationship where we can add lasting value. All the advice we give you is focused on your specific goals, and we’re quick to spot other specialist areas you might benefit from, such as tax planning'
Possible start date
16 Aug 2021
Monday - Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
Minimum 2:1 in any chosen field
Minimum 112 UCAS points (BBC)
The job role requires the accurate and efficient processing of client accounting information by using relevant software and the thorough audit testing as part of the Stepstone rotation scheme. Although normally you will be supervised, as capability and experience should grow quickly, supervision will become more remote.
The role demands the ability to speak to colleagues, clients and other contacts in a mature and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the purpose of statutory accounting and audit work including compliance and legal requirements.
- Build knowledge of basic audit principles and assertions alongside knowledge of double entry.
- Build knowledge and carry out substantive audit tests with clients on site and in the office, initially under close supervision with an aim towards independence and self- sufficiency.
- Regular and repeat practice in the drafting of accounts for straight forward limited company, LLP and charitable organisations.
- Build knowledge of corporate taxes and begin to assist with drafting basic computations
- Check own work and correct obvious errors before handing work (accounts or audit) to a an assignment leader/supervisor..
- Display own understanding by asking appropriate and intelligent questions.
- Seek help and support on more complex queries/tasks and refer matters beyond current capabilities to a senior colleague
- Present the firm’s professional image to clients and demonstrate professional relations with clients.
- Control of own assignment time within pre-determined budget
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/12/2020
£384.38 - £480.75 p/w
This job is located in St. Andrews Business Park, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with leading online learning technologies, award-winning study materials and support from the industry's most experienced tutors and assessors who are dedicated to ensuring success in your studies...