Richard Jackson Limited are Engineering Consultants & Chartered Building Surveyors with offices in Colchester, London, Cambridge, Norwich & Bristol.
We have skilled and highly motivated staff, providing engineering and building consultancy services across structural engineering, civil engineering, pre-planning, geotechnical engineering, building surveying, Insurance Surveying, project management, dilapidations, party wall and expert witness.
By focusing on our clients needs and adapting to their changing demands we have grown steadily. We have offices in Colchester, London, Cambridge, Norwich & Bristol.
Reporting to the Section Leader/Senior Engineer
You will be supporting and assisting other Engineers within the business to create, improve and protect the environment in which we live.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting Engineers in the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications
- Liaising with external bodies to gain approval to issued designs
- Supervised site visits to view construction of designed schemes
- Use of CAD and other computerised design systems
- At all times work safely, ensuring your own safety and that of others in the Company
- At all times work within all Company procedures and protocols
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Company
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications:
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (grades A to C) including English language and mathematics
Experience in using AutoCAD or similar software is advantageous but not essential
Personal attributes and skills required to perform in the job effectively
- Employ effective communication skills, both verbal, written and by email
- Establish effective relationships with clients and fellow team members
- Work methodically and accurately
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Be flexible to meet deadlines
- Remain calm when under pressure
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business
How to apply
The closing date for this job offer is on 06/08/2021
To Be confirmed
This job is located in Colchester, Essex
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.