Applications for this role are now closed.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in Finance. We are looking for a Trainee Financial Assistant to join our very busy Accounts Team in our Diss office. You will be given full training along with study support to achieve a professional qualification in Accountancy.
We pride ourselves on our team, offering development opportunities for all to help people work their way up and reach their full potential, we look forward to doing the same for you.
Safe STS is a worldwide ship-to-ship (STS) transfer service provider with its Head Office based in Norfolk. As one of the leaders in our field and with safety as our highest priority we facilitate the transfer of fuel between vessels whilst at sea, along with providing specialised equipment for marine operations on a global scale.
What you will do
Initial duties & responsibilities;
- Processing and maintaining all necessary records including invoices, expenses, credit cards, payments and other transactions
- Liaising with suppliers on invoice or payment queries
- Preparation and issuance of sales invoices
- Reconciliation, including posting and balancing
- Preparation of job profitability statements
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with year end analysis
- Assisting with budget setting and monitoring including variance analysis
- Development of reporting requirements using the Company’s SAP B1 system
- Working closely with individuals across the business at all levels
What you will have
- 3 A levels or equivalent including one or more of Mathematics, Economics or Business Studies (minimum B grade or equivalent)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- An aptitude for continuous improvement and willingness to study for a formal Accountancy qualification
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with MS Office products
- Good communication and administration skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Starting Salary: £18-20k p.a. depending on qualifications and/or experience
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8.30-5.00 with 1hr lunch (37.5hrs)
Holiday: 28 days per year plus bank holidays
Contract type: Permanent
How you apply
Please submit your CVs with a covering letter to HR@safests.com
Closing date for applications is 29th July.
The closing date for this job offer is on 29/07/2022
This job is located in Diss, Norfolk
SafeSTS is a ship-to-ship (STS) service provider established by a team with over 30 years' expertise and experience. We commit to doing the job to the very highest standard, every single time. Successfully audited by leading Oil Majors and pioneering new STS b...