Applications for this role are now closed.
Ensors are a Chartered Accountants company with offices across East Anglia. Our Cambridge office is situated on the popular Vision Park, just minutes from the A14.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in ICT? Our expanding ICT team has an entry level vacancy at our Cambridge office on Histon’s Vision Park.
As a Trainee IT ServiceDesk Technician, this permanent position, combines practical hand-on work experience with a professional qualification recognised by BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT.
About the team
You’ll join a highly committed, supportive ICT team dedicated to excellent customer service. They are the first point of contact for any ICT issues experienced from across the business (we have five offices across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk). As part of the wider ICT team, we can provide a varied role covering ServiceDesk, Cyber Security, infrastructure and cloud
About the role
You will support users by diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues as well as providing training.
Core responsibilities include:
• Answering telephone calls
• Reviewing initial requests for help
• Identifying and requesting missing information
• Trying to resolve tickets where possible
• Escalating tickets as required
• Performing basic daily checks to ensure all systems are functioning properly
• Delivering training to new and existing users
Training & Development
Through the apprenticeship you will complete a Level 3 Information Communications Technician qualification. Following this there is an opportunity for continued study.
We require you to have (or be predicted to achieve):
• 2 A Levels at Grade C or above or the equivalent in a business or ICT related qualification
• Grade 5 in GCSE English
• Grade 5 in GCSE Computer Science, ICT, Maths or Science
Key skills required:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral)
• Confidence in dealing with staff at all levels throughout the business
• A calm, thoughtful and considered manner, with the ability to handle tricky technical situations
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to explain ideas to people who aren’t familiar with them
• Self-motivated, hardworking and flexible
• Ambitious with drive and resilience
• Enthusiasm with a keen interest in learning and professional development
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
• A driving licence and access to own transport will be helpful, as occasional travel between our offices will be required – mainly to our Huntingdon office
The package includes:
- Study support - Full study support – all tuition costs and fees covered, plus paid study leave and mentoring support
(note: you must also be prepared to dedicate some of your own time to studying)
- Contributory pension
- Staff awards scheme
- Free parking
- Social events
- Student pay review twice a year
- Well-being support
- Dress for your diary
- Buddy scheme
- Health cash plan - enables you to claim back costs for routine medical treatments
- Sick pay - Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Shopping discounts
- 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays). 3 days are normally taken between Christmas and New Year
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our award-winning team and earning while you learn at Ensors, please submit your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference ‘camittrainee’.
Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role. You must include the following information in your application:
• Full details of your achieved academic results, including predicted results, where applicable.
• Bullet pointed descriptions of the steps you would take to troubleshoot an unfamiliar problem.
• If you have applied previously to Ensors, please indicate this.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2022
To be confirmed
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.