We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic trainee to join our land surveying department.
Land/geomatics surveyors measure and collect data on specific areas of land. Once the data is
interpreted, it is used for a variety of purposes.
Geomatics is one of the most technologically advanced of the surveying specialist roles and has a key
role in a diverse range of sectors, including:
- offshore engineering and exploration
- geographical information systems.
Land/geomatics surveyors assess land due for redevelopment and survey a range of different areas,
including airports, landfill sites, roads and pipeline and distribution systems.
Typical work activities
Tasks carried out by a land/geomatics surveyor vary depending on the area they are working in but can
- discussing specific project requirements with construction teams
- measuring the ground as required by the client, including aspects such as small and largescale
distances, angles and elevations
- gathering data on the earth's physical and man-made features through surveys
- processing data
- undertaking digital mapping
- making use of geographical information systems (GIS) to analyse and interpret site features
- producing detailed information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and
- using a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and conventional methods
- analysing information thoroughly before it is handed over to other professionals
- thinking creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems
- interpreting data using maps, charts and plans
- utilising data from a range of sources, such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser
beam measuring systems
- using computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present
- keeping up to date with new and emerging technology
- providing advice to a range of clients
Ideally, you should you will be taking A’ level maths and science or studying for an Engineering related
As a trainee the company will pay your college/university course fees (subject to signing our training
If you are interested in becoming a Land Surveyor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is located in Needham Market, Suffolk
About Breheny Civil Engenners
Breheny was established in 1963, since then we have grown to provide civil engineering services to almost two thirds of the country with offices in Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Kent, Lincolnshire, Buckinghamshire and Yorkshire. Our diverse expertise covers many f...