Shelbourne Reynolds is a highly successful and well-established business who designs and manufactures innovative equipment for worldwide agricultural markets. Due to continued expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a trainee machine operator to join our team of skilled engineers.
This role would be suitable for a candidate straight out of college, who is looking to pursue a career in engineering.
You will be trained to use manual Lathes, Milling and Drilling machines and candidates with the right aptitude will be given the opportunity to progress onto operating our CNC machining centres and Lathes.
The main duties and responsibilities involve:
- Using manual Lathe, Milling and Drilling machines
- Machining components to engineering drawings with the ability to inspect own work
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment
- Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy, adhering to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
- Report any machine faults/breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Engineer
Personal skills, experience and attributes:
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Own transport due to our location
- Understanding of different types of metals beneficial
- Able to work under your own initiative and pressure
- A passion for engineering
- Knowledge of the principles of engineering would be advantageous
Benefits and schedule:
- Monday to Thursday 8.00-16.30, Friday 8.00-15.30
- Based in Stanton, Suffolk
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday a year (exclusive of bank holidays)
- A competitive hourly rate
- Permanent contract
- Progression and full training
- Paid overtime
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: HR@shelbourne.com
To be advised + overtime
This job is located in Stanton, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.