At CVS we are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK, operating in excess of 500 veterinary surgeries throughout England, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scotland and Wales & the Netherlands.
Alongside our veterinary practices, we also operate diagnostic laboratories, pet crematoria, a successful ecommerce business, a veterinary recruitment agency, a preventative healthcare scheme (the Healthy Pet Club) with over 350,000 members, a veterinary equipment supply business and two buying groups. We also have own brand pet foods, products and medications.
In line with our continued expansion a fantastic new opportunity has arisen within our growing company for Trainee Manager to join our Warehouse and Logistics Department.
During initial training you would work Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, then in early/mid 2020 you would move to to Sunday - Thursday (day shifts) and towards the end of 2020 you would be required to work Sunday (day shift) and then Monday - Thursday (2pm - 10pm).
Upon joining you will work within all areas of the warehouse in order to give you a full understanding of the processes and activities carried out by the team on a daily basis enabling you to:
- Develop full understanding of the processes within CVS warehouse; JDA WMS, GDP, stock management and methods of distribution
- Gain understanding of customer expectations and service levels required
- Work within the warehouse including picking and packing to learn about the process from the ground up
- Be part of the team ensuring CVS & Animed Direct adhere to all regulatory requirements, in order to function within the rules and regulations set by either the VMD or MRHA
- To successfully fully take part, study & qualify for the Transport and Warehouse Operations Manager apprenticeship
Key responsibilities to include:
- Work as requested in all areas of the CVS warehouse – including P&P
- Work alongside the Quality Assurance Administrator & WQP to fulfil the regulatory needs for GDP and WDA license for Diss distribution site and other businesses trading within CVS who also hold a WDA
- Work alongside the Logistics and Warehouse & Order Fulfilment Managers to develop automated fulfilment processes in order to reduce manual handling, standardise picking and packaging functions and increase productivity
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Warehousing and Logistics Team
- Take a pro-active stance in ensuring the health and safety of employees, visitors and contractors within the operations area
Skills and experience required:
- Flexibility with working hours (as mentioned above)
- Previous experience with using a WMS system
- Previous supervisory experience ideally within a warehouse environment
In return we can offer you an exciting and varied role with development opportunities, along with a recognised qualification, excellent company benefits and a great working environment.
Please Note: This is not an office based role.
We are are looking to hear from confident and motivated candidates who are keen to develop into a management position within our business.
If you feel like this could be the role for you then please click "Apply Now" including both your CV and Covering letter within your application.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/09/2019
This job is located in Diss, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About CVS (UK)
CVS is the largest veterinary group in the UK encompassing four main business areas; our veterinary practices, diagnostic laboratories, pet crematoria and e-commerce division. Our success is derived from the passion our people have for animals and for making...