Our Trainee Sales / Apprentice Sales is the first rung on the ladder to becoming an Area Sales Manager, this role is key in supporting the smooth front of house operations of the depot and ensuring the Sales team functions well. Alongside your day to day duties you will spend time learning the machinery, processes and sales cycle required to be a future Area Sales Manager or Sales Administrator. Once you’ve gained these skills you will begin to support the demonstration of machinery and equipment, attending events and developing your sales skills.
Trainee Sales accountabilities include:
- Completion of all hire paperwork.
- Ensuring all machine checks are complete for hire at point of hire and return.
- Stocktake for wholegoods (new and used machinery) and tracking of machinery in stock on a continuous basis.
- Greeting the customers when they enter the depot and directing them to the relevant department.
- Supporting customers with viewing of new and used machinery and as required selling machinery with the support the Area Sales Managers and/or Depot Manager.
- Directly selling in-house equipment including mowers and ride on mowers.
- Taking photographs (as specified) of new, demo and used machinery for the website, editing and uploading as required.
- Moving machinery for sales demonstrations as requested.
- Answering the phones and dealing with all queries as required.
- Valuing used machinery adhering to the valuing processes and policies.
- Producing and circulating regular stock level reports.
- Supporting the export sales process.
We look for:
- Experience working with computer software including bespoke and office software (word, excel etc).
- Fantastic interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Natural appetite to learn and progress.
- Strong interest in sales.
- Technically minded with the ability to learn the products and machinery.
- Full UK driver’s license
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
This job is located in Norwich
About Ben Burgess
Ben Burgess has been serving the farming community since 1931. Currently employing 227 staff across six depots throughout East Anglia, the company offers a range of opportunities for those looking to pursue a career in the agricultural, construction or ground...