Applications for this role are now closed.
Haydn Evans are a rapidly expanding consultant engineering company, based in the centre of Ipswich.
The company has a wealth of knowledge across all areas of civil and structural engineering, with a broad range of experiences and specialisms within the team. The company provide services on a huge range of projects, including:
- Marine - piers and jetties, sea and river walls, ports, and harbours. A local recent significant project completed was the design of the new pleasure pier at Felixstowe
- Structural engineering across residential, commercial, healthcare, industrial and leisure settings.
- Infrastructure – flood defences, drainage, pavements, pre-planning and roads.
- Rail – civil and structural engineering on all aspects of rail infrastructure including stations, depots, bridges, culverts, retaining walls, gantries
What are we offering?
Despite inevitable challenges due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are proud that the past year has been a period of huge growth and success for Haydn Evans. Our staff team has increased to the point that we have just moved to a larger, fully refurbished modern office in the heart of Ipswich Town Centre, providing a great working environment for the team.
We are pleased to offer vacancies for enthusiastic candidates to join our team as Trainee technicians.
Technicians play a key role in the production of engineering design work, reporting and site work, in
conjunction with engineers and other team members.
A Technician role includes:
• Site inspection/survey work
• Technical and CAD drawings (Computer Aided Design)
• Assisting with design and general office duties.
• Assisting project managers to deliver project work
• Attend meetings and represent the company
The right candidate will be supported to achieve a degree qualification either through paid day release study or via the Modern Apprenticeship route and eventually could qualify as a Civil Engineer. The role will predominantly be on our rail projects, but opportunities to work on projects across the wider company will be available.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are ambitious, motivated, and keen to fully embrace the opportunities and benefits that the excellent training and interesting project work has to offer.
The role would suit someone with a scientific and mathematical academic background, with predicted results at grade B or equivalent and above.
This role provides a fantastic opening to a very successful career path with a wealth of opportunities available.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a role or would like an informal chat, we would really like to hear from you.
Please contact Laura Palmer at: email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2021
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.