Applications for this role are now closed.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full time permanent VBS Operator in our Head Office based in Felixstowe. This role will suit someone with previous experience within the Transport industry or previous administrative experience.
Why work for Maritime Transport?
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary review (discretionary).
- Annual bonus (discretionary).
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays on top from day 1.
- Life assurance cover from day 1.
- Group personal pension.
- Employee assistance programme.
- You’ll be working for one of the market leaders
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing driver and delivery paperwork
- Contacting shipping lines to confirm status of containers
- Create VBS bookings for container collections
- Booking jobs on online platforms
- Arranging deliveries with customers
- Contacting logistics partners across the country to arrange back loads
We are looking for candidates to apply who have the following:
- Previous Transport experience – desirable not essential
- Administrative experience
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work quickly and effectively within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Maritime is a family-owned UK-based transport company and since its inception in 2001 has grown to be a market-leader offering container transport and curtain-sided distribution services. With a network of over 30 depots spanning the UK Maritime offers transport and logistics solutions to a large and growing customer base, and works with a high number of large blue chip businesses. Join a winning team.
If this specific vacancy is not of interest to you, please register for job alerts for other vacancies.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/04/2022
This job is located in Felixstowe
More Information and How to Apply
About Maritime Transport
Maritime Transport Limited (Maritime) is one of the UK’s leading transport and logistics operators and market leader in container transport. Established in 1974, the company was acquired by owner and Group Managing Director, John Williams, in 2001.