Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier Highways are looking for a Transport Apprentice to join our team in the Eastern region.
- Process transport compliance paperwork.
- Undertake vehicle/driver gate checks.
- Undertake vehicle weight checks.
- Ensure all vehicle and driver paperwork is compliant.
- Assist in the control of vehicle safety inspections.
- Assist in the upkeep of the systems that monitor and control compliance of vehicles and drivers.
- Completion of all relevant documentation.
- Communicate with drivers and management to ensure compliance is adhered too.
- Assist to ensure repairs are addressed and rectified in a timely manner.
- Assist in reducing vehicle downtime.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Cat B driving licence
- IT Literate Excel and Word
- Email literate
- Qualifications in Maths and English A-C
- Interest in vehicles/engineering
- Passion to learn
- Flexible in working hours
- Mechanical knowledge (desirable)
The role includes participation on a nationally recognised qualification programme, along with structured work-based experience guided by a skilled mentor.
The closing date for this job offer is on 13/08/2018
This job is located in Wymondham, Norfolk
How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.