Applications for this role are now closed.
Anglian Learning are a Multi Academy Trust comprising of 12 schools - 5 Secondary Schools and 7 Primary Schools.This position is based at Bottisham Village College and is for a PA administrator for the Directors within the trust.
To provide confidential administrative and PA support to Directors of the central team
To assist in the promotion and organisation of Anglian Learning events.
To assist in producing promotional, recruitment and professional learning materials.
- Manage Directors diaries by assessing priority of appointments and arranging meetings.
- Provide a business support service by dealing with all incoming and outgoing routine and confidential correspondence, prioritising action and ensuring an efficient and appropriate response.
- Meet and greet visitors in a positive and capable manner.
- Liaise with outside agencies, educational establishments and other organisations on behalf of the Trust central team.
- Prepare agendas and meeting papers, taking notes of meetings and producing minutes when required.
- Provide administrative support for the professional learning centre.
- Accurately produce and format a wide variety of correspondence, documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Co-ordinate and produce, along with the PA to the Executive Trust Leadership Team, the Trust Newsletters and other communication mediums, ensuring that they are formatted in accordance with Anglian Learning’s style guide.
- Maintain records including data management, photocopying and filing.
- Organise Trust events, booking venues, diaries and co-ordinating attendees, and catering.
- Assist with keeping the Anglian Learning website up to date and relevant for the audience.
- Assist with the promotion of Anglian Learning through social media.
- Monitor stationery for the Trust central team and order supplies as necessary.
- Maintain a visible and professional presence and create excellent working relations amongst staff across the Trust.
- Any other duty as requested by the PA to the Executive Trust Leadership Team which is commensurate with the post.
- Anglian Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs from Grades 4-9 (including English and Maths).
It would be desirable if you also had A Levels – grades A to C
ICT Skills - All essential
Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages e.g MS Office, particularly word
Be able to choose the most appropriate IT solution to suit the circumstances
Understands and applies social media solutions appropriately
Accurate and fast typing skills
Record and document production - essential
Be able to produce accurate records and documents including: emails, letters, reports. Maintains records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation's procedures
Attention to detail be added to the personal skills under record and document production
Decision making - essential
Be able to make decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way.
Seeks advice of more experienced team members when appropriate.
Planning and Organisation - essential
Able to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, managing priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines.
Organises meetings and events, takes minutes during meetings and creates action logs as appropriate.
Managing performance - essential
Able to take responsibility for their own work and responsibility for their own development, knows when to ask questions to complete a task and informs their line manager when a task is complete
Adaptability - essential
Is able to accept and deal with changing priorities.
Positive, proactive and flexible approach to working.
Responsibility - essential
Able to take responsibility for quality of projects delivered.
Has a clear interest in seeing that projects are successfully completed.
Takes initiative to develop own skills and behaviours.
Interpersonal Skills - essential
Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation.
Communication - essential
Demonstrates good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
Uses the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively.
Demonstrates confidence in communications.
Able to communicate with colleagues and a wider audience.
Professionalism - essential
Behaves in a professional way. This includes: personal presentation, respect, respecting and encouraging diversity to cater for wider audiences, punctuality and attitude to colleagues.
Personal qualities - essential
Possesses integrity, reliability, self-motivation, and a positive attitude.
Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people - essential
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Role will be based at the Anglian Learning Central Trust Offices in Bottisham. There is limited public transport to Bottisham.
You will be working in a small team although it is part of the multi academy trust.
The central trust team is growing. FTE £17,842. 37 per week, 43 weeks per year (Term time plus 5 weeks).
Additional 5 weeks to be worked as follows: -All 5 training days. -One week divided between February and May Half Term Holidays. -One week Easter Holiday. -First and Last week of Summer Holiday.
There may be an opportunity for a full time role on completion of the apprenticeship.
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/06/2021
£16,750 per year
This job is located in Bottisham, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.