Working on a wide range of manual/automated machines, preparing billet pieces and producing semi-finished components, ensuring all work is carried out to the highest standards and adhering to Quality requirements at all times.
- Operation of manual lathes and mills, bandsaws and CNC lathes.
- Working with a wide range of materials, primarily copper alloys, steels and graphite stock.
- Plan the most cost and time efficient way to undertake the job, taking into consideration:
- Depth of cuts
- Selection and holding of Tooling
- Selection of the correct material for the job in line with the job ticket, strictly adhering to material traceability procedures.
- Ensure jobs are completed taking into account the specifications stated on the Job Ticket and clarifying any queries prior to commencing work.
- Responsible for loading and running machinery, ensuring that visual and safety checks are carried out throughout the operation.
- Complete quality checks to ensure the product meets the Job Ticket/Job Specification via:
- Micrometer and Vernier measurements to check the product specification against the job ticket.
- Visual inspection (both pre and post-machining) to identify any flaws in the material.
- To ensure all work is carried out as safely as possible, using correct supplied PPE and completing safety checklists daily
- Level 3 certificate/NVQ in Mechanical Manufacture/PEO or related subject
- Previous CNC Machining experience is preferred but not essential
- Good team working and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Capable of working on own initiative
- This work can be physically demanding and we would expect the job holder to observe the relevant safe working and environmental practices and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment.
This position offers a group personal pension plan which you are eligible to join after 3 months.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per annum (pro rata) plus bank holidays.
Hours of work 37.5 hours per week operating a 2 shift pattern with overtime available as per company requirement.
More Information and How to Apply
About Bolton Metals
For many years Bolton Metals Limited has specialised in the production of high strength and corrosion resistant brasses and bronzes and due to continuous research and investment has remained one of the top producers in this field. We make products for a varie...