Visitor Welcome Assistants, mainly based in Abbot’s Hall, provide a warm, friendly greeting to all visitors as the public face of the museum. The role also assists with orientation around our 75 acre site, and generally give visitors the information they need to ensure they have a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable visit.
Good communication skills
Confident, outgoing and like helping others
An interest in social history and rural life in East Anglia
· A can-do attitude, initiative and a desire to get involved
Skills to be gained
· Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Gaining museum experience
· Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
· Improving your communication skills
· Enjoying new experiences and learning something new every day
· Knowing you have made a difference to someone’s day out
· There are opportunities to be involved with a range of museum initiatives, from helping to plan our Christmas offer to general research tasks.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/10/2019
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
About Museum of East Anglian Life
The Museum of East Anglian Life is a social enterprise sharing the compelling story of East Anglian lives through historic buildings, collections and landscape. We aim to enrich people’s lives, encouraging enjoyment, learning and participation through our publ...