The British Heart Foundation is a charity organisation in the United Kingdom. It funds research related to heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors
We are looking for volunteers staff members to assist us at our retail outlet in Thetford
Are you good with electricals? A bit of a sparky in your spare time?
If you like figuring out how electrical items work and want to do your bit to help the environment, this could be the role for you.
You’ll be plugging in and testing the electrical items generously donated to us, making sure they are fully functional and ready for sale – everything from record players to washing machines, TVs to toasters – they all need a quick test!
Say hello to the team Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of public support to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.4 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
- Typical tasks include: Plugging items in, turning them on and making sure all the functions work correctly
- Giving items a quick clean so they’re ready for sale Some light lifting of electrical items and help is on hand for the heavier items
- Identifying poor quality donations for recycling
- Identifying unusual or interesting items for online selling or auction
- Acting as an ambassador for British Heart Foundation always
You get a lot from volunteering too:
- A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
- The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
How to apply
If you can help us in any way we would love to hear from you
Please Phone 07584 376983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/09/2021
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.