Code Club provides everything you need to volunteer at a free Code Club for 9 - 13 year olds at a school in your local area.
- Commit for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Spend 1 hour per week, usually after school
- Help around 15 young people aged 9-13 to use the Code Club projects
- Volunteer solo, or team up with friends or colleagues and take turns
- A club host will be there at the venue to support you
How to get Started as a Code Club Volunteer
Step 1: Register on our website.
Step 2: Find a club near you using our search tool and connect with the organiser.
Step 3: Follow your region’s policies for getting a background check — we have guidance for you here.
Step 4: Meet the club organiser and prepare for your first club session.
Step 5: Ask the club organiser to add you to the club on our site.
Step 6: Use the Code Club projects, which are step-by-step guides for the children to follow, to run the club sessions.
Step 7: Check out the extra resources for active clubs in your dashboard.
Please note: unfortunately we cannot cover expenses for our volunteers.
How Code Club will support you
Our team are here to support you on your journey to becoming a Code Club volunteer:
- Meet our team of Regional Coordinators at the meetups they run in your local area
- Email us for support, or if you have questions at any point
- Talk to us online in our forums or Twitter chats
- Regular updates about new projects and resources straight to your inbox
- Our FAQs page is also full of useful information
More Information and How to Apply
About Code Club
Code Club is a network of more than 4500 volunteer-led after school clubs across the UK for children aged 9-11 to learn about the basics of coding and computer programming. At our clubs, which tend to happen for 1 hour per week during term time, children work...