Applications for this role are now closed.
Volunteer It Yourself (VIY) combines volunteering and DIY for young people aged 16-25 to learn trade skills by helping to fix local community buildings in need of improvement.
We are a recipient of the £220 million UK Government Community Renewal Fund, designed to invest in communities, young people and boost skills.
We are running 9 across Norfolk from February - June 2022, including:
- Phoenix Centre, Mile Cross (21st February)
- Cromer Artspace (14th March)
- Kingfisher ABC, Great Yarmouth (21st March)
- Norwich Lads ABC (4th April)
More to come...
We are looking to offer these opportunities to local youth groups, charities, youth organisations, schools and colleges, working with young people who are NEET* or at risk of becoming NEET.
(Not in education, employment or training).
By taking part in VIY, you or young people you support will gain:
- On the job contruction training, experience and vocational skills to improve employability
- Mentoring support from professional tradespeople in your local area
- City & Guilds Entry Level 3 accreditation in trades such as Carpentry, Painting & Decorating and Plumbing
- Support with further training, work placement and apprenticeship opportunities
Sound good? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/06/2022
This job is located in Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About (VIY) Volunteer It Yourself
About Us Volunteer It Yourself combines DIY and volunteering by challenging young people aged 14-24 to help repair and refurbish youth and community facilities, whilst learning vocational trade s...