To actively learn the warehouse operation to include loading and unloading of all vehicles and order picking, this requires attention to detail to deliver a high standard of customer service.
1. Accurate completion of all paperwork relating to consignments.
2. Actively follow up on any missing item of stock/despatch discrepancies.
3. Undertake daily/weekly safety checks on the forklifts, complete the relevant form and return to the Supervisor.
4. Operate high standards of daily general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times. Remove all dunnage/packaging, weep floors and tidy up pallets.
5. Ensure the highest level of care whilst driving forklifts. This is particularly important in relation to pedestrians on site.
6. Promptly answering the radio and speedily assisting the caller where possible or passing the caller to the relevant person.
7. Notify warehouse supervisor/manager of any product damage on incoming product, or damage caused by yourself.
8. Unstack and restack goods on pallets in order to ensure safe transit of goods and also to limit damage to customer’s product.
9. Unbuckle and draw curtains, to facilitate efficient and safe unloading/loading of vehicles. Assisting drivers where necessary to ensure speedy operation as required.
10. Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
11. Always wear a safety helmet whilst unloading double deck trailers, or any other time there is a risk of anything falling from a height whilst unloading a vehicle or in the warehouse.
12. Assist other departments/sites as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
1. Keep the manager/supervisor informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the operation of the business.
2. Undertake other tasks as requested by the Manager/Supervisor.
1. Ensure you complete the course allocated to the apprenticeship.
2. Actively seek to self-develop and embrace any opportunities for learning.
The closing date for this job offer is on 15/11/2018
This job is located in Snetterton, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Foulger Transport Limited
Founded in 1935, Foulger Transport provides haulage and warehousing services to the UK and international markets. Since 1935 we at Foulger Transport have provided our customers with cost-effective, efficient warehousing with haulage throughout East Anglia, as...