Applications for this role are now closed.
Due to the continued growth and expansion of the Pallet Network Operation, Bacton Transport are recruiting for the role of a Warehouse Operative at our Stowmarket depot.
- Safe loading and unloading vehicles.
- Ensure all pallets are correctly labelled and loaded onto the assigned trailers.
- Scanning pallet labels.
- Preparation of vehicle loads ready for second runs.
- Putting pallets away in the racking.
- Carry out forklift truck walk around inspections and report any issues.
- Check double deck trailers for missing straps, punctures or any other damage and report any issues.
- Maintain warehouse and trailer cleanliness to ensure a safe working environment for all.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A working knowledge of transport/warehouse operations would be beneficial.
- Previous forklift experience would be advantageous but is not essential. Full training will be given if required
Skills and Attributes:
- Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be flexible whilst being able to work as part of a team but also on their own.
- Must have a good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Problem solver and able to use initiative.
Reports to: Evening Operations Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:30am to 6:30pm (1 hour lunch unpaid)
Salary: £9 - £9.75 per hour, DOE
This job description sets out the main duties associated with the post; it is assumed that other duties of a similar level/nature are not excluded simply because they are not itemised.
Duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy. In this event, appropriate training will be provided to the job holder.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2021
£9 - £9.50 per hour DOE
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
About Bacton Transport
With the growing customer base comes increasing scale and Bacton Transport now moves more than three thousand tonnes of freight every day, consisting of six hundred individual consignments whilst our fleet uses over two million litres of fuel every year.