PRH is the biggest global publisher. Our breadth of publishing is reflected in our 8 publishing houses based across our London offices.
‘Our world is changing. Fast. This means that we work with a wide range of talent as we find new ways to tell our stories. And that’s where you come in. We want to hear from different voices and see from fresh perspectives.’
They have an amazing opportunity for 10 apprentices to join their warehousing team.
Summary of the role’s main purpose:
The Warehouse Operative Apprentice role is part of a wider Warehouse Team that ensures the accurate and timely provision of Customer orders on behalf of the Penguin Random House and its 3rd Party Client Publishers. The Warehouse Operative is expected to undertake general warehouse duties within all the various warehouse process paths that operate on site.
- To be able to undertake, as required, all of the activities associated with the various Warehouse functions, including the use of any
- associated equipment, to the best of their ability. Activities: Administration, Labelling, Picking, Packing, Stock checking, Sorting, Housekeeping, Wrapping, Using MHE.
- To be responsible for their own performance, and to support their team in, achieving all targets and job standards set out by the Warehouse Management Team.
- To be adaptable and flexible in their approach to work.
- To work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- To maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards at all times and follow all Safe Operating Procedures that are in place.
- To be curious and be always looking for a better way to perform a task, in order to improve efficiency across the site.
- To be communicative and respectful of all workers within Penguin Random House and their working environment.
- To understand how each task within the Warehouse impacts on the overall Client / Customer Experience of Penguin Random House Distribution and ensure that they are striving to make this the best possible experience for all concerned.
- To work with trainers and managers to ensure that all skills are kept up to date.
- To perform any reasonable task that is required of them by their Team Leader.
Functional skills – English and Maths
English and Maths - GCSE grade C or above
European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent
- Basic PC skills.
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake warehouse tasks including lifting and carrying weights, using the correct techniques, of up to 18kg approx.
- Good communication abilities
- Ability to complete paperwork, with good numeracy and literacy skills whilst using English Warehouse terminology
- Ability to work with both RF and Voice directed work instructions.
Good attention to detail
Being able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy, speed and safety
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Our employees are at the heart of our business. We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Medical cover
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Summer working hours (role dependent)
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee Assistance programme
- Mentoring programme
- Extended Parental Leave policy
- 60% Discount on PRH books
- Each site has trained mental health first aiders
- We plant a tree for every new employee to our business We partner with The Book Trade Charity, who provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org/
There is an opportunity for full time role on completion of the apprenticeship.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£14,820 per year
This job is located in Colchester, Essex
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.