- Dealing with the maintenance and operation of hydraulic equipment and hydraulic power units.
- Booking goods in and initial inspection of equipment to ascertain what remedial work/testing is required.
- Checking equipment requirements with the Project Engineers and ensuring all documentation is completed ready for dispatch
- .Compiling documentation/certification packs.
- Dismantling, inspecting, reassembling and testing equipment within the AEL product lines.
- Maintaining and reviewing records associated with the maintenance and testing of AEL product lines and data entry
- Taking part in FATs both at the AEL yard and at off-site premises.
- Operating the forklift trucks and assisting in loading and unloading vehicles.
- Maintaining good standards of housekeeping throughout the warehouse premises.
- Receiving purchased goods into the warehouse and performing QC inspection as set out in the company’s policy
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with AEL policies and procedures and in line with ISO guidelines/requirements.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post holder’s competency as agreed and on occasion.
RESPONSIBILITIES (SPECIFIC TO HEALTH & SAFETY)
- Participating in and risk assessments
- Participating in and (from time to time as required) giving toolbox talks
- Checking work equipment condition before use
- Reporting accidents, incidents, near misses, and other safety concerns
- Implementing the requirements of the AEL staff handbook
- Complying with the AEL HSW policies as outlined in the staff handbook
- Complying and implementing HSE procedures
- Recycling as per the local recycling arrangements
- Complying with Environmental Policy and Procedure
- Reporting environmental concerns and complaints
- Reporting any Environmental issues and suggesting improvements
- Good standard of English and Mathematics
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and good oral communication skills
- Reacts to project amendments and changes promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Can deal with ambiguity and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally and able to simplify information to distil and relate to others in written and verbal formats.
- An unquestionable focus on Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Self-motivated, taking a pride in delivering and meeting objectives.
- Personal drive and confidence
- Able to work independently at a high intensity and output rate but able to engage freely with team members.
- Confident to challenge in a professional manner in a desire to deliver a quality service and agreed objectives.
- Basic City & Guilds /NVQ qualification or equivalent in a relevant Engineering / Mechanical discipline
- Previous experience in a hands-on mechanical or technical role
- Previous experience in a mechanical or technical role
- Previous experience in report writing
- Desire to introduce new methods to improve customer orientated solutions
- Desire to develop personal and professional skills
- Highly organised and accurate
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is located in Beccles, Suffolk
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.