The British Heart Foundation is a charity organisation in the United Kingdom. It funds research related to heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors.
Are you someone who would like to stay in shape, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives?
Volunteering in our local furniture store warehouse could be the answer. We need warehouse warrior volunteers to keep our stock moving from the van to the warehouse and shop floor, and back to the van for delivery when items are sold.
This role can be physical but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help in our warehouse, such as warehouse logistics, booking stock in, building our flat-packed furniture, and testing electrical items – you can try different roles. Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop.
Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of public support to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.4 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases.
This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers. Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
- Ensuring the warehouse is always kept in a clean, safe and organised state
- Safely lifting and carrying a range of furniture items, big or small – it all helps!
- Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
- Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes, carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside Warehouse Supervisor
- Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
How to apply
If you are able to offer some hours please Phone 07584 376983 or email email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/09/2021
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.