"Wedding Co-ordinatorUnique Norfolk Venues - King's Lynn£18,000 - £22,500 a year
Wedding & Events Co-ordinator This role is a full time role working a minimum of 40 hours per week but can go up to 55 hours in peak times.
You will be working a maximum of 3 weekends a month.
Training/Starting Salary at £18,000pa
A. Overview of the role Your main office is based at Sedgeford Hall though we manage five different venues (Pentney Abbey, Sedgeford Hall, Oxnead Hall, Mount Amelia and Manor Mews) which we expect you to work from each one of these venues. Effectively handle and convert wedding and social enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the rest of the team when leading up to the wedding.
Ensure customer delight and support the achievement of the property's budget and targets.
Working at your weddings and also be working as second in commands at the other weddings.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective co-ordination of all Weddings and Special Events and assisting when necessary with any other UNV events
- Conduct show rounds for Weddings and Special Events, ensuring that correct information is given to the appropriate enquiry. Your ability in making brides feel welcome and ensuring they buy into what we do is essential.
- Up selling opportunities are identified.
- Forge great relationships and deliver effective communication between the venue owner, staff on the day and kitchen team.
- Produce accurate wedding forms and function sheets for each event with clear billing instructions and communication of these to, and work with the Operations team.
- Assist with organisation of Wedding Showcases to highlight the property to the local wedding and banqueting market.
- Maximise revenue through regular communication.
- Ensure all booking information is recorded accurately.
- Promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention.
- Anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service offered by the property, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained.
- Performing as a second in commands that are not your events or weddings.
- Actively promote the company in a professional manner at all times including the attendance at client events, networking and familiarisation visits as required.
C. The Ideal Candidate
- You will need excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Experience of working in a Weddings & Special Events Coordinator role or similar, ideally within a 4* quality hotel/events centre or a at a independent venue is essential.
- We are looking for someone with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude.
- You should be happy working on the bar, or serving the tables
- You should be customer focused with a commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
- Is happy to work weekends
- Communication skills are essential, with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business and to create a rapport with guests.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best.
- You must also be fully IT literate, be able to have advance skills on Microsoft office.
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate an all round knowledge of the hotel industry and some knowledge and experience of operations for events"
For full details, use the More Information button below to visit Indeed.
£18,000.00 to £22,500.00 /year
This job is located in King's Lynn, Norfolk
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.