Applications for this role are now closed.
For over 40 years, Advanced Air has been a leading manufacturer of air distribution and fire safety systems, and provider of after sales servicing and maintenance. All products are developed, tested and manufactured at our sites in Norfolk.
With a £11m turnover, 138 staff and over 150,000 ft2 of combined manufacturing and development space, Advanced Air is one of the leading names in energy efficiency, innovation and customer satisfaction.
There is an opportunity for a Welding Apprentice to join the team.
As an apprentice you will start with easy tasks, as experience progresses you will be given more responsibility. Day to day you will be working in a team with colleagues, learning from experienced welders and assembly operatives to complete tasks.
- Ensure you follow the agreed standard production procedures to meet the required schedule and production targets
- Mig weld Fire Dampers, Fire Smokes and Slim lines single & Multi sections as per standard production procedures.
- Mig weld standard fixings, AFS brackets, drywall frames, cleats to our products following the agreed standard production procedures.
- Mig and Tig weld stock parts as per standard production procedures
- Brazing is a potential future development within the business
- Communicate all issues to the Team Leader if those problems are likely to cause you to miss targets.
- Prepare your work area for the following day by ensuring tools and PPE are at hand for an immediate start on the morning buzzer.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as required.
- Adopting 'Right First Time' approach your skills will ensure life critical products are produced and delivered fault free and over delivering on our customers expectations.
GCSE Maths, Science & English Grade C/4 or above is desired.
Full training given to the right applicants so your approach and attitude to your work matters most.
- Ability to learn and listen.
- Confidence to questions what you are being asked to do.
- Ability to understand technical information.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team
Training to be Provided
Level 2 General Welder Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Working in a good multi national team at a good work pace with good equipment provided, you will have you own welding bay to carry out repetitive tasks; in the summer Full PPE is to be worn at all times which can be uncomfortable at times.
There is a full time role upon completion of the apprenticeship and we would hope the individual to be wanting to continue their employment and to continue or seek other opportunities within the company as we grow.
Previous Apprentices have gained exceptional Mig welding skills (light gauge material used) and having had the right attitude towards their work were given the opportunity to learn Tig Welding and Copper Brazing.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/07/2021
£255 per week
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.