Applications for this role are now closed.
We are currently open for work experience applications until Sunday 4th June 2023 at midnight. Please see below on how to apply.
Please be advised we are accepting applications for placements from 1st August- 30th November.
What is work experience all about?
- Work experience is for anybody aged 14+ who is looking to gain more knowledge about the NHS and career options.
- Age 14+ can undertake work experience in a non-clinical/clinical setting.
- Age 18+ can undertake work experience in a childcare setting.
- Work experience can be a maximum of two weeks (75 hours).
- Work experience is often the first exposure to what working in the NHS is like.
- Work experience is observational only in all clinical settings where appropriate work experience can involve minor administrative duties.
- Allows applicants to use their placement supervisor as a reference and a ‘step in’ to further opportunities in the trust.
- Broadens the public knowledge of the NHS and trust and the care provided to patients.
- Previous placements have included: Nursing, IT, HR, Medicine (over 18s only), Administration, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Finance, Communications, and Speech and Language Therapy.
- We can also offer an Introduction to Allied Health Professions. This is a new 5-day event that aims to provide attendees with an overview of 5 of the Allied Health Professions (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Dietetics, and Podiatry).
Frequently asked questions
Why would work experience benefit me?
Work experience is key to finding out if a career is the right one for you and many employers and Universities look favourably on experience from their applicants.
What are NCH&C’s expectations of work experience candidates?
At NCH&C we look for commitment from our work experience candidates, which includes following our Trust policies and demonstrating our core values and behaviours.
What can work experience provide me with?
- Real life experience
- Introduction to a working environment
- Awareness of the variety of careers in the NHS
- Chance to improve key skills and employability
- Work experience helps build confidence
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/06/2023
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
The NHS was launched in 1948 and was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth - a principle that remains at its core. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions and optical and dental se...