Applications for this role are now closed.
Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Department
This work experience opportunity will work closely with the Managing Surveyor and Quantity Surveying Team to assist in development and implementation of the project’s commercial strategy. The candidate will have a responsibility to assist in the measuring and valuation of work executed, ensuring that it meet the conditions of the contract.
The placement can expect to assist the team in various activities such as:
- Assisting the Quantity Surveying team in their accurate financial reporting,
- building and maintaining working relationships with the supply chain and clients, and effectively communicating with the project team at all levels where necessary,
- assisting the Quantity Surveyors in managing subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually,
- supporting the team in placing supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule,
- assisting in payments to Sub Contractors and Suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have experience and an interest in using mathematics, spreadsheets, data, and word processing, strong communication skills and basic IT and system skills (such as Microsoft Word and Excel). They will be able to work within a team and demonstrate good reading, writing and mathematical skills. They will be confident in asking questions, seeking and clarifying information and have an enthusiasm to learn new experiences and be supportive of and part of a hard working team.
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Project
The Gull Wing is an iconic and important bridge for Lowestoft, being delivered by Suffolk County Council and built by Farrans Construction. Opening in 2023, the bridge will be a much-needed third crossing over the towns Lake Lothing. The Gull Wing will reduce traffic congestion in the town, regenerate the area and attract new investment for the local economy.
We can offer either 1 or 2 week placements over the entire length of the Project, or happy to discuss other durations.
We are happy to discuss placements in any department, either within Farrans or our Supply Chain working on the project.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2023
This job is located in Lowestoft
About Farrans Construction
Farrans Construction is a leading figure within the UK construction market, operating across both civil engineering and building divisions.