About the employer
Just42 is a small Christian youth and children’s work charity based in Woodbridge.
Our vision is to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people in rural Suffolk. We do this through a varied programme of youth and children’s work in school and village hall settings.
Current proposed schedule: Monday 1 to 9.30pm, Tuesday 11 to 5.30pm, Wednesday 1 to 5.30pm, Thursday 4.30 to 9pm. Total hours per week: 24.00
Youth and Children’s Worker Apprentice.
This is an opportunity to gain experience of our work across both our youth and children’s work projects. The apprentice will be part of our Core team working with different members of our staff team. They will work alongside our children’s work coordinator at 3 of our children’s clubs and also with our youth workers at 2 youth clubs. They will also help to deliver other youth work projects.
Duties will involve:
- To follow good youth and children’s work practice according to the policies and procedures adopted by the Trustees
- To help to develop and implement an agreed programme of youth provision and children’s work in conjunction with young people and other staff
- To help with general youth and children’s work such as building purposeful relationships, planning and facilitating activities with and for children and young people. Also to help set up and get ready for club sessions and assemblies, pack away and evaluate
- To help maintain safe boundaries with the children and young people during the sessions
- To help develop our curriculum and activities within the clubs and projects, in negotiation with the Coordinators
Supervision, Professional and Personal Development:
- To attend regular line management, with the Charity Manager minimum once per term
- To attend training as required by the Trustees
- All staff are expected to attend some training and team sessions; the level of participation will be agreed with your line manager to fit your availability and training needs.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/08/2019
This job is located in Woodbridge, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.