We are looking for a AAT Trainee to join our Great Yarmouth office.
Hours: 37.5 hours
Benefits: 21 days holiday. Life assurance. Pension Scheme
Job Type: Permanent
As a trainee accountant you will follow formal training for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification alongside on the job training. You will get started on real client work, such as accounts preparation, as soon as you have settled in. Your role will be primarily task focused, with regular reviews by more senior staff throughout assignments. Your development will mirror our ethos of 'different because you are' and we will ensure that your training and experience is right for you and how you want to progress. The AAT is a recognised apprenticeship framework therefore; this job mirrors an accountancy apprenticeship but enhanced pay and benefits.
The reason our clients value us as their adviser is because we make a point of building a picture of each client, which pulls in all the things that make each one different. This allows us to wrap individual service and advice around each client, which suits them perfectly and which they really appreciate. That’s why we’re different – because each one of our clients is different.
We don’t only understand that each of our clients are different, we understand that each of our employees are different. We work with each and every one of our employees on an individual basis to ensure the training and development they receive supports their specific learning objectives and career aspirations. We are committed to nurturing and developing the talent of all of our employees, whatever stage of their career they may be at.
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
- Undertake study as agreed for role
- Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
- Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop your technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 3 A levels or equivalent at grade B or above
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade 4 or above including Maths and English language
- All other requirements for membership must be met
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/09/2019
£8,199.75 - £15,475.85
This job is located in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
For opportunities with us, check our page here and the careers section of our website! Our people are our most valuable asset. Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced...