Hours to be agreed upon appointment. Total hours per week: 37.50
You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will work as part of a team to help ensure the smooth running of the Inspire Suffolk Centre at Lindbergh Road, Ipswich. Your role will vary from one day to the next and your activities will include overseeing the venue hire process for the Centre; meeting and greeting customers and visitors to the charity, and often being the first person that customers will engage with means that a high standard of professionalism is required at all times.
This role poses an incredible opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their career within an organisation that is positively changing the lives of the young people it engages with.
The qualification gained during this apprenticeship will be a Business Administration Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship qualification.
Main purpose of the job:
General administrative tasks for the Charity which includes supporting the administration for the Inspire Suffolk Centre. The role will also include customer service/facing enquires, overseeing the online booking processes of the website and co-ordinating the venue hire bookings. There will also be additional duties reasonably requested by the management team from time to time. It will also be necessary to gain an understanding of other projects within the Charity in order to provide assistance/cover as and when required.
The postholder will also work towards a Level 3 Advanced Business Administration Apprenticeship qualification.
- Reporting to the Centre Operational Manager.
- Working with the Facilities Team who support the Inspire Suffolk Centre.
- Working with all staff across the organisation.
- Maintain effective and positive relationships with all customers and suppliers.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
To provide a high-quality customer service and administrative service and supporting a wide range of projects. This includes:
- Uploading holiday club courses onto the website.
- Taking enquiries and overseeing the venue hire process.
- Booking external venues for sports provision.
- Maintaining the rota for Facilities staff.
- Liaising with Finance over invoices for hire bookings.
- Supporting the embedding of hire venue policies and processes at the Inspire Suffolk Centre and satellite sites.
- Collating feedback from all venue hire bookings and feeding through relevant issues.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the charity and dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone.
- Assisting with setting up of rooms for external hire bookings and ensuring access is available at the required times.
- Dealing with compliments/complaints via email or telephone.
- Assisting customers with bookings over the telephone for holiday courses.
- Answering the telephone during office hours.
- Work with Programme Administrator to ensure office cover at all times.
Co-ordination of administration for key projects, including administrative tasks such as the creation of registers, database updating and bookings.This includes:
- Compiling the registers for weekly courses and holiday courses/specialist courses.
- Ensure venue calendars are updated to reflect cancellations and recurrences.
- Scan and file electronic documents.
- Reporting/updating on progress of active projects for weekly reports.
- Manage effective use of the charity’s resources.
- Any other business reasonably associated with the role.
- Facilities checks to include: checking emergency lighting weekly, monitoring the door access times and codes, fire alarm testing and reporting of any issues and general reporting of any facilities issues to the Centre Operational Manager.
Download the full job description here. Please send your application formalong with a covering letter, highlighting the qualities you believe you can bring to the charity, to Rachel Reddington, Executive Assistant to CEO at email@example.com by 1700 hours on Wednesday, 10 July 2019.
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/07/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Inspire Suffolk
We are a local charity which uses sport to engage with young people in the county to inspire, motivate and educate them onto brighter futures. To find out more about our work please visit http://www.inspiresuffolk.org.uk or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and h...