Working Days - 5 out of 7, working up to 45 hours per week with 30 minute unpaid lunch breaks. You will need to be flexible to work a split shift from 10-3/ 5-9. Total hours per week: 45.00 (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
As Apprentice Chef, you will assist the Chef and train to skilfully produce a variety of good quality food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation.
Main duties will include:
- Prepare and cook vegetables, salads, sweets, butchery, and sauces
- Prepare starter and dessert plates
- Assist with preparation and use basic cooking skills and techniques to produce dishes
- Use traditional cuts and preparation techniques for meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- Work as part of the kitchen team to ensure dishes produced are high quality and delivered on-time
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes in line with recipe specifications
- Identify principles of basic food preparation, allergens, diet and nutrition
- Check food stocks and ensure food storage areas are in good order
- Assist with set up, preparation and cleaning tasks
- Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times and complete kitchen documentation as required
- Follow food safety legislation and procedures
- Help to review and refresh menus in line with business and customer requirements
- Keeping up-to-date with business and industry trends
- Assist with all general kitchen duties
- Working in a kitchen environment can be pressured and stressful at times in order to ensure timely service delivery from the kitchen but is equally rewarding for somebody who is keen to learn and develop in the hospitality industry.
Enthusiasm and a true passion for food are key to this role.You will be required to work well as part of a team and you must be prepared to take direction & guidance from senior members of the kitchen team.
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/07/2019
This job is located in Lynford, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Lynford Hall
Lynford Hall is one of West Norfolk's premier event venues, situated within 5 miles of the recently upgraded A11 and 1hr 45 minutes from Central London, also easily accessible from Norwich, Cambridge or Newmarket. The Hall itself has a rich history dating bac...