We have an exciting, uniquely crafted apprenticeship opportunity for a self-motivated, talented individual to join Aviva’s Global Reporting Unit team, based in Norwich. This opportunity is open to school/college leaver’s, individual’s looking to return to work or someone who wishes to retrain in a new industry, where you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career with the UK’s largest insurer.
Are you someone who can demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing yourself to build a lasting career in the insurance industry? If so please read on
Aviva is one of the world’s leading composite insurers. We offer a wide range of insurance, savings and investment products to help people defy uncertainty, protect what’s important to them and save for a prosperous future. Our in-house asset management business, Aviva Investors, is entrusted to manage more than £350bn of assets for our customers, in an industry that is increasingly subject to ever-more stringent regulations. Your role will be to help ensure that Aviva achieves the highest level of compliance with these regulations.
You will spend 3 months working in the London office (expenses will be paid for) of Aviva Investors, in our Investment Operations department. You will obtain valuable insight into the disciplines of our dynamic teams that provide administrative support to our fund managers, whilst also benefiting from an introductory understanding of the asset management industry. On completion of the 3-month secondment, you will return to take-up your position within the Global Reporting Unit, where you will complete the remainder of your 18-month apprenticeship programme. Our dedicated compliance specialists will fully support you in your development to become an analyst, receiving focused training on all tasks we undertake. This will be supplemented by formal training to obtain the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments Investment Operations Certificate, which will deepen your knowledge of the exciting and dynamic financial markets.
Over the duration of the apprenticeship we will give you exposure to the following tasks:
· Investment transaction matching, confirmation and settlement
· Portfolio valuation
· Portfolio cash reconciliation and management
· Corporate action processing
· Preparation of internal and client investment reports
· Processing significant changes to portfolios as instructed by clients
· Preparing investment data spreadsheets for uploading into our reporting software tool.
· Producing and analysing exception reports to identify regulatory reportable events.
· Preparing formal, regulatory notifications identified in exception report analysis
· Monitoring of our shareholdings relative to global sensitive industry regulations
· Maintaining our restricted trading list (Stop List)
· Maintaining investment and client records.
· Analysing and assessing detailed regulations on international shareholding disclosure rules and helping to develop supporting processes as these evolve.
· Performing various data quality checks
With your strong work ethic and a real passion for collaborative working you will thrive in a supportive, stimulating environment that inspires a strong sense of collective achievement in helping Aviva to satisfy its regulatory reporting obligations. Once completed, your apprenticeship will have provided you with valuable experience of both investment operations within a global asset management house, and regulatory compliance within the investment industry and a professional qualification to evidence your hard work and newly acquired skills. This will afford you the enviable opportunity to potentially develop your career in either discipline, whilst also retaining the possibility of continuing your role within our team as an Analyst, subject to acceptable standards of conduct and performance being achieved.
If you have the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Strong analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to organise your work to consistently meet important notification deadlines, whilst retaining good attention to detail.
· Possess a natural curiosity to identify improvements and a positive mindset and a can-do approach.
· Enjoy working flexibly as part of a busy, dynamic team
All applicants require a minimum Level 2 in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C) If you have not already achieved level 2 English and Maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C) funding and support will be provided so you can complete this before you can qualify as an Apprentice.
As an Apprentice Global Reporting Unit Analyst you will work towards the Investment Operations Technician (Level 3, Standard Ref No. ST0181) CLICK HERE this is an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification. Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
As Apprenticeships are about learning new skills or deepening your knowledge. So, to apply for one of our Apprenticeships you must:
• NOT have a qualification in the same subject or field, that’s higher than the qualification you will study as part of this Apprenticeship.
• NOT already have studied the same Apprenticeship.
What will you get for this role?
· Salary - £16,050
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We are Aviva, the UK’s No.1 insurer and sixth-largest financial services organisation in the world. Our purpose is to Defy Uncertainty for our customers. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want more information about our apprenticeships, visit http://careers.aviva.co.uk/routes-aviva/apprentices or the government site https://www.gov.uk/topic/further-education-skills/apprenticeships
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7612 or email@example.com
Apply with LinkedIn
The closing date for this job offer is on 21/02/2019
£16050 + benefits
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...