Residential care for the elderly and those living with dementia. We are located in Mellis, Suffolk. We care for 26 residents and have independent living cottages on site. They have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join the team.
- Promote the needs of each resident and establish good relationships with their relatives.
- Enhance and promote the residents’ quality of life.
- Treat the Residents individually, with respect and preserve dignity.
- Assist residents to meet their daily living needs, including personal care and hygiene.
- Participate in the formation of care plans including the review of residents’ needs.
- Carry out all duties with confidentiality in mind.
- Be familiar with the Homes policies and procedures, particularly those relating to care issues.
- Perform duties in accordance with the laid down standards and with Health and Safety in mind at all times.
- Work as an effective team member and attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Home.
- Report any defects in equipment in accordance with the Homes policy.
- Attend to the cleanliness and hygiene of the Home by attending to spillage, stains and odours as they occur.
- Perform as required, other related duties, which contribute to the effective running of the Home.
GCSEs Grade A*-C in maths and English or equivalent is desired.
Prior Health and social care course is desired.
Able to work as part of a team.
Able to adapt to different situations.
Good at listening and following instruction.
Willing to Learn
Full Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please be aware that residents are living with dementia and can be physically and verbally aggressive. This is an rewarding job.
This role could lead to a full time permanent role. There will be full training given and the opportunity to complete diplomas to aid progression
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/11/2020
£195 per week
This job is located in Mellis, nr Eye, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.