An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join our Human Resource department at NCHC NHS Trust. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a HR department as you will assist in the day to day running of employee services and recruitment. Other elements of the role are to provide front line HR support to managers and employees of the Trust, maintaining electronic staff records, training and competency administration.
We welcome applicants who are committed to completing the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service for 14 months and have an interest in HR. We can offer you 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays, an NHS benefits scheme and the opportunity to boost your future employee prospects.
If you enjoy being busy and would like to work in a supportive environment within a well-established and valued team then we would love to hear from you.
The salary for this role £161.25 per week.
Main duties of the job
As a member of the HR team, you will assist in the day-to-day operational work of the team, which will involve liaising with members of staff across the organisation, external organisations as required and members of the public, you will:
- Gain knowledge of the HR Department
- Be responsible for supporting a range of HR projects and initiatives
- Provide administration support to the HR Service Support Team
- You will be helping to provide a first class customer focused HR Service, that will have a positive impact on the delivery of healthcare.
Apply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an Outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the title.
Please note that there is an eligibility criteria for government funded Apprenticeship schemes that applies and therefore applicants must be aged 16 or over and have been resident in the UK/EU for the last three years.
- Able to organise and prioritise effectively
- Ability to use initiative
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Confident influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using the English language in with written and verbal forms
- Experience of working with various computer packages such as outlook, word and excel
- Experience of dealing with people
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Good general standard of education. 4 GSCE's at grade D or above including English and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
- Hold a typing/word processing qualification/ECDL (RSA level 1 or equivalent experience)
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/09/2021
£161.25 per week / £8385 per year
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
The NHS was launched in 1948 and was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth - a principle that remains at its core. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions and optical and dental se...