About the employer
Project Management Company
Monday to Friday, flexible hours required. Total hours per week: 37.00
The Apprentice Mentor will work in educational settings and schools to help young people to understand and secure apprenticeships. The apprentice mentor will have a special focus on helping young people to secure apprenticeships on the large BAM Nuttall Lake Lothing 3rd Crossing construction project working alongside the Project Skills Co-ordinator to deliver the Social Impact Plan.
Industry Placement: BAM Nuttall Lake Lothing Third Crossing Project
Job Title: Apprentice Mentor
Reporting to: Project Skills Co-Ordinator/Partners
Job Type: Full time apprenticeship (Recruitment Resourcer, level 3 standard)
Start Date: Immediate Start
To provide and offer appropriate support and assistance to schools and educational settings across the Suffolk area. The apprentice will act as an advocate for the apprenticeship pathway and work with a caseload of schools to identify and support young people who wish to embark on apprenticeships and ease the transitional period between education and the labour market.
The Apprentice Mentor will also spend time in an industry-based placement to support their business needs and increase capacity. Eg BAM Nuttall, Suffolk County Council and Construction contractors.
- Work with schools and educational settings to provide apprenticeship careers advice and guidance to students and young people
- Conduct one-to-one apprenticeship mentoring sessions with a case load of young people
- Provide application support for individuals who wish to apply for an apprenticeship
- Facilitate and arrange educational visits within school and on the construction site
- Support students into apprenticeships/further education
- Facilitate funded soft skills and employability workshops
- Promote the benefits of engaging with apprenticeships
- Encourage employer engagement in school career activities
- Assist employers in specifying suitable apprenticeship roles, including creating job descriptions
- Simplifying and streamlining recruitment to align with SME employers recruitment plans
- Work with the supply chain to identify and place young people on appropriate work experience opportunities
- Carry out necessary Health & Safety checks to enable work experience placements
- Regularly attend an industry-based placement within the supply chain
- Support the placements staff in activities that are being undertaken and use learning to promote the benefits of apprenticeships to both employers and young people
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Keep accurate records to monitor and record project outcomes
- Keep accurate records of meetings/presentations/mentoring sessions
- Attend project update meetings
- Facilitate and support all partners and project staff to meet the desired outcomes of the project
- Details for the Level 2 Recruitment Resourcer apprenticeship can be found here. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/recruitment-resourcer/
- Training will be provided by a local training provider.
- The apprentice will be expected to work across a range of different schools across Suffolk therefore, a full UK Driving Licence and own transport is required. Travel expenses and mileage allowance
- Maths Level 3/D or above
- English Level 3/D or above
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/08/2019
To be agreed upon appointment
This job is located in Badersfield, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.