BDODrive is part of the Business Services and Outsourcing stream. BDODrive delivers a range of services to help ambitious and entrepreneurial businesses and their owners make do business easy and achieve their goals. It brings together compliance, outsourcing and advisory services such as accounts and financial reporting, business outsourcing, business advisory, payroll and company secretarial as well connecting our clients to the depth of expertise available at BDO.
To allow companies to focus on their business we can provide anything from specialist technical support, to stopgap cover at particular times, to a fully outsourced finance function. Our people thrive on varied challenges and are always looking for new ways to improve our services and help their clients.
As a trainee business adviser you will be focussed on making doing busy easy for your clients by assisting them with the day to day of doing business in the UK. This will range from assisting in the preparation of year-end financial statements to assisting with the bookkeeping and preparation of management accounts using cloud accounting technology. You will be working with a range of clients including smaller start-up businesses through to larger organisations that are subject to audit. As you progress through your studies you will get a greater understanding of the businesses you work with and the complexities of doing business in the UK so you can assist your clients whether it be for technical queries or being able to connect them to another team to help them achieve their wider goals.
BDO offer the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification on the Level 4 apprenticeship programme. The AAT qualification offers practical, real-world experience to meet the demands of finance roles across all industries, at all levels and provides you with all the skills you need. The duration of this programme is around 24 months. Following the successful completion of the AAT, you will be given the opportunity to study towards the ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) qualification, becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant within 4-5 years.
Business Area Overview
Depending on the focus of your local team responsibilities should include:
• Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage 50
• Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
• Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients under the supervision of more senior members of the team
• Undertake financial close procedures eg reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
•Produce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers including working on consolidations and cash flows
• Applies understanding of the client to ensure the transactions are recorded appropriately, and make commercial sense, and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team for consideration.
• Develop a basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK included reporting requirements, tax requirements (employment, corporate and VAT), filing requirements from a company secretarial perspective and general commercial awareness
• Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive excellent service
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
This job is located in Ipswich
How to Apply
BDO is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fue...