Working Hours and working pattern e.g. Monday-Friday
Full-Time/Part-Time/Term time working
DBS provided by company if required for job role
Vertas Group is one of the fastest-growing facilities management companies in the UK. Across England, Scotland and Wales you’ll find us putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, while prioritising our colleagues’ health, safety and wellbeing. Winners of ‘Employer of the Year’ and ‘Business of the Year’ at the Suffolk Business Awards 2021, we are proud to be making the difference through our colleagues.
We specialise in the cleaning of our schools and commercial properties, and have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Cleaner to join our dynamic team. All our cleaners are looking to advance their career in Facilities Management and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. We are looking for colleagues with good time management skills, who can follow instructions, and enjoy working to high standards both independently and alongside their team. Previous experience is desirable but not essential, as full training is provided.
Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule and to be part of a company that genuinely supports you in your role and professional growth? If yes, your new opportunity is awaiting you.
- The cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within the rooms and spaces assigned.
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
- Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. accidental spillages.
- The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
- Removal of rubbish, clinical waste and sharps where required.
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and material covered furniture.
- Dusting and damp wiping edges and ledges around the rooms.
- Mop and damp sweeping hard surface floors.
- Laundry and other additional duties where specified.
To be a successful cleaner, you will ideally have:
- Good Listening and communication skills to work with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Great customer service understanding and genuine desire to produce high-quality work.
- Team player attitude, wanting to provide an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
- Passion for sustainability, hygiene, and for health and safety in the workplace.
- The ability to make the best decisions with the wider business in mind.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). To go on school based roles only.
Your Package and Perks:
- 20-25 days Holiday plus bank holidays, and additional Holiday Purchase Scheme offered annually
- Royal London Company Pension Scheme
- Refer-a-Friend scheme offering up to £150 per referral
- ‘WeCare’ Subscription, offering easy access to 24/7 GP consultations, mental health support, 4-8-week Personal trainer get fit programmes, virtual services to improve the medical, mental, legal and financial wellbeing of our colleagues.
- 'Lifeworks’ Subscription for your entire household offering corporate discounts on cinema tickets, Gym discounts at major UK gyms, in-store and online voucher codes for popular UK retailers, private travel agent access and savings on buying a home or car, family outings and holidays.
- Funded Qualifications for professional development
- Clear Career Progression pathways and Leadership Programmes across the Group
- Regular Colleague Incentives, Charity Events, Social calendar with events taking place throughout the year and our Black-tie Annual Colleague Awards hosted by our CEO and sponsors.
Vertas is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that its workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which it operates.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/07/2022
This job is located in Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Vertas Group LTD
Vertas Group Limited is a versatile, creative and sustainable facilities management company based in Ipswich, providing services to schools, councils and commercial business across East Anglia. We have a reputation for providing the highest quality of service...