Communities Support Apprentice
- South Norfolk & Broadland Councils
Salary and hours: £18,328 - £19,099 per annum, average 37 hours per week
Contract type: 2-year fixed term
Location: Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich and Long Stratton
While studying towards a level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, you will gain plenty of practical experience in delivering events and projects which are designed to have a positive impact on the lives of the residents of Broadland and South Norfolk.
What you could be part of
The Communities team provides a range of services for residents which include engaging with community groups, delivering a highly regarded holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish, and the administration of our various engagement projects is key to this. Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the planning, preparation and marketing of various community engagement projects.
- Helping to deliver projects and events in the community including school holiday sessions for children and young people.
- Work within the Early Help hub, acting as the first point of contact to residents who may be vulnerable; offering a bespoke support package depending on their needs.
- Assisting with administration including financial tasks, taking bookings, maintaining records and filing.
- Responding to a wide range of queries via telephone, in writing and face to face.
You must have
- Four GCSEs (A – C / 4 – 9) / Level 4 including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and/or young people.
- The ability to work within a varied team as well as evidencing capability to work independently.
- Experience of completing set tasks, following procedure and using initiative when required.
For full details including role benefits and instructions on how to apply, click here. (pdf)
The closing date for this job offer is on 07/08/2022
£18,328 - £19,099 per annum
This job is located in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich and Long Stratton, Norfolk
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...