Whitehouse Community Primary School is located in North-West Ipswich. They have 600 pupils on role including a Nursery. They have an exciting opportunity for a reception support apprentice to join the team.
Day to day duties will include:
- Front of house service: welcoming parents, contractors and other visitors and attend to their queries and requests.
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable
- Checking deliveries
- Inputting data and extracting reports from SIMS
- Support colleagues with other admin duties
- This new role is part of a restructure of the admin team, which will release the rest of the team to focus on their responsibilities, specifically Attendance Admin, Admissions Admin, SEND Admin, Finance and HR.
GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above in Mathematics and English, or equivalent
- Computer literate (essential)
- Able to follow instructions, policy and procedures (essential)
- Problem solving (desirable)
- Professional attitude
- Willing to accept feedback to improve knowledge and performance
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Reliable and honest
- Good punctuality and attendance
Full Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
Things to consider
The candidate must be fluent in the English language. The appointment will be subject to a clear DBS check, positive references, and evidence of a Right to Work in the UK. This role is mainly desk based, but you will be expected to accompany children and visitors around the school. The role is 52 weeks per year.
Whitehouse Community Primary school is located in North-West Ipswich. They have 600 pupils on role including a Nursery.
There will be opportunities to develop knowledge of the majority of school related admin. This would be advantageous if the apprentice were to apply for office vacancies in a variety of industries, but particularly in any school. The apprentice will be working with staff who have had previous experience of supporting apprentices who have successfully secured full time school office based employment.
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2020
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.