Hal Leonard Europe companies are part of the Hal Leonard group of companies - the world’s largest source of music publications, representing many of the world’s best-known and most respected publishers, artists, songwriters, arrangers and instrument manufacturers.
Hal Leonard Europe companies publish and distribute an extensive catalogue of printed and digital publications, sheet music, music education resources, instruments, gifts, accessories and pro audio in Europe and around the world. They bought out a section of the Music Sales company based in Bury St Edmunds three years ago and employ 170 members of staff at the Bury site which is also the main distribution centre for the UK. They provide a range of music products ranging from music scores and song books to beginner how to play publications to both trade and consumer markets.
There are 12 UK Hal Leonard music shops and 1 based in Dublin plus a highly successful online shop available to support online customers.
They are aiming to increase their team and have a vacancy for a Customer Support Adviser with an immediate start possible
About the role
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to Stuart Hendry – Customer Support Manager. Working as part of a small Customer Support team (4 full time and 1 part time) to support Musicroom.com and Musicshop Europe websites via email and telephone to provide a high level of support to our customers.
The support phone line is open from 10am to 3pm every day however this is not a call centre role and will focus mainly on online order support, responding to customer queries and assisting with orders.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Customer Service Helpdesk
· Manage Customer calls and emails relating to orders and product information.
· Ensure calls and emails are responded to within a reasonable timeframe and ensure customers are kept fully informed of progress at all times.
· Responding to customer queries in a professional manner at all times.
· Liaise with internal departments as required (Accounts, Purchasing, Logistics).
· Understanding customer requirements and where necessary, advising customers of suitable alternatives.
2. Administrative Duties
· Reply to daily email enquiries within 24 hours.
· Key New Accounts and orders
· Maintain Current Customer Accounts.
· Handle exchanges and refunds.
· Receive inbound customer calls, emails and resolve queries, complaints and advice customers on the products available through all our web shops.
· Experience of managing KPI focused daily email and phone targets.
· Effective time management and organisational skills.
· Accurate data entry and attention to detail with clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate and instruct a diverse customer base.
· Writing to customers via email and post, with verbal and literacy skills to a high standard
· Liaising with the postal system and couriers regarding orders.
· Using Zendesk email system for communication with external clients.
· Placing and maintaining orders through Microsoft Dynamics.
· Using ChannelAdvisor for all market-place Store Fronts with respect to refunds and product queries.
· Computer Literacy and excellent keyboard skills
· Knowledge of Excel required for certain tasks.
· Knowledge of Outlook required.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of online forms and multitasking through external sites.
4. Health & Safety
· Utilise skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks on site.
· Adhere to individual departmental health & safety rules.
· Assist with investigations as required.
· Report any incidents including near misses.
· Help to ensure all working environments are safe and secure.
· Uphold HLE’s commitment to health & safety.
· Develop knowledge of online products
· Liaise with work colleagues as required.
· Participate in internal meetings as requested.
· Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
· Liaising with Trade and Purchasing for new product knowledge.
· Carry out all other duties as may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role.
Experience: Previous customer service experience is desirable
The successful person must be passionate about music, with proven technical and practical knowledge of music instruments and technology preferred
A good standard of written and oral communication.
Confident and friendly
Ability to daily prioritise work load to meet deadlines
Excellent keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Able to take direction from and supporting other colleagues
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please go to www.halleaonardeurope.com select the About us tab and then careers
If the vacancy is not uploaded then please contact Claire Dinnen HR Advisor for further information via email CDinnen@halleonardeurope.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/02/2021
£19,500 per year
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.