County Hall, Norwich
37 hours per week
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to Join a forward-thinking team to train as a data analysis technician in the Participation Strategy Team of Norfolk County Council. The Client Caseload Information System (CCIS) database and Help You Choose website are used to help ensure that Norfolk’s 16-18-year-old young people receive the correct advice and support to move into further education, training and employment. Part of the team’s duty is to ensure that the data is maintained in a good state and is fit for purpose for reporting to NCC Managers and the Department for Education.
The role is to:
• work with Client Caseload Information System (CCIS) database and/or NCC’s Help You Choose website and other Children’s Services databases
• talking to another local authorities to find out if a young person has moved to their area
• entering details into the CCIS system
• using the MI system to extract data or reports
• checking and correcting records to ensure they are accurate and up to date
• prepare data for bulk input to the system
• assisting Information Systems and Analysis Officers to extract and provide effective management information reports
• analysing data and drafting reports for NCC managers under supervision
• provide support to other staff to be able to make effective use of the Core+ database and associated systems
• supporting Officers and Managers to produce the monthly data reports as required by the Department for Education, partnership boards and management teams.
The database Team will provide training and support to enable the new team member to become familiar with the IT systems and tools and help to deliver team requirements.
The key requirement for applicants is that they possess a sharp attention to detail and a determination to complete each operation accurately and correctly.
The post is an Apprenticeship, full time, permanent and is available from 1st October 2019. The person appointed will be expected to work towards the Level 4 Apprenticeship standard in Data Analysis including attending College for taught sessions and to complete assignments and other work required for the Apprenticeship.
For an informal discussion regarding this vacancy please contact Information Systems and Analysis Officer Joseph Alexander-Phelan on 01603 306355
Closing date: 18 September 2019
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/09/2019
£18,795 - £19,171 per annum (Scale D) progressing to £19,554 - £21,166 per annum (Scale E) upon successful completion of Apprenticeship
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk County Council
Norfolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Norfolk, it is split into seven local government districts. It's main offices are located in Norwich, with further offices and supporting services across the county. Norfolk County Counc...