A new 3 surgery private dental practice in Bury St Edmunds. Practice location cannot be reached by public transport.
The learner will provide dental nursing support to clinicians. The dental nurse will be expected to work with supervision, using their own initiative, and carry out duties in such a way as to make a direct and positive contribution to the practice and so aid the dental staff to maximise the use of their time.
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chair side support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required.
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities.
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR.
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Recording of treatment including charting from the dentist’s instructions and other associated clerical work.
- Preparation of filling materials, impression materials, instruments and equipment.
- Cleaning away used instruments and materials and keeping the surgery clean and tidy.
- First aid treatments for collapse e.g. coronary attack, fainting, bleeding tooth socket, epilepsy etc.
- Triage of patients attending for emergency treatment.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions and information prior to safely discharging the patient following, for example, minor oral surgery, and ensuring the instructions are understood.
- Care and minor maintenance of equipment such as high-speed drills.
- Maintaining stock levels in surgery and checking expiry dates.
- Re-ordering stocks when required.
GCSE Maths and English at grades 4 or above.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Team working
- Customer care skills
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Dental Nurse (integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
Reception training would be provided and occasional cover on the desk expected.
Further training is always something we are happy to encourage for the right candidate.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2024
£ 13520 per year
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds,, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.