Established in 2002, EcoCooling is the largest manufacturer and distributor of fresh air direct evaporative coolers in the UK. There are over 3,500 EcoCooler installations worldwide.
We are recruiting for an Engineering Assistant to join our team at Risby
Engineering Assistant Reports to: Project Manager
Contract: Full-time Hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday; 1hr break unpaid (no set time).
Flexibility – additional hours might be required when working on the road and during busy periods.
Overtime: Refer to contract Salary: £22K - £25K – initial 6 months contract with view to become permanent depending on individual suitability and company workload.
About the Role:
Entry level Engineering Assistant position in our technical department. This will be a varied job role where no two days are the same.
Assisting the Commissioning, R&D Projects and Software team with:
- Onsite commissioning and maintenance
- Software testing
- Technical support R&D projects
- Product testing
- Setting up test rigs. ·
- Maintaining the workshop. ·
- Basic fault finding (initially under guidance). ·
- Basic prototype development (initially under guidance). ·
- Assistance in the manufacturing side of the business if and when required (training provided).
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge. ·
- Ability to use tools such as: spanners, screwdrivers, drills, rivet gun, electrical multi-meter, soldering iron. ·
- Must hold current UK driving license due to location of the business and requirement to visit customer sites. ·
- Practical individual. ·
- Provide technical assistance to production, to assist with pre-programming of units where necessary. ·
- GCSE grade C (4) or above in Maths, English and Science (or equivalent qualifications). ·
- Reliable attendance and time keeping. ·
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also using own initiative. ·
- Willingness to learn with acute attention to detail. ·
- Must be eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK to apply for this role, VISA sponsorship will NOT considered or entered into. ·
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel awareness and able to use a computer.
A Note About Job Descriptions at EcoCooling
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment, and we need employees to be flexible about their Roles and Responsibilities. Contract and Job description will be reviewed on a yearly basis. Email Jobs@ecocooling.org
How to apply
Email your interest and CV to email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£22,000 -£25,000 per year
This job is located in Risby, nr Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.