INDERWICK EQUESTRIAN ACTIVITIES LIMITED
This Equine Apprenticeship is based at a popular competition centre and livery yard.
Weekly wage - £152.25
Working week - 5 days per week to include 1 day at weekends. 8am-4pm (1 hr unpaid for lunch).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Expected duration - 18 months
Possible start date - 16 Mar 2020
Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities include supporting both the livery yard and the competition centre. On the yard the role includes feeding, turfing in, mucking out, changing rugs, skipping out and poo picking. At the competition centre the role includes supporting a schedule of show jumping and dressage competitions with course building, judging, scoring and planning.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of horses, confident to lead horses on a lead rein
- Positive, hard-working, reliable, willing to learn new skill
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability
- Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs, or equivalents, including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-D for an Intermediate
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
- Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship
- PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability
- This opportunity includes both the livery yard and the competition centre, so it offers a wide range of career development opportunities
- There is a varied range of activities so good prospects for skills development
Things to consider
- The yard involves outside work throughout the year as the horses need to be brought in and out of the paddocks
- The yard requires reasonable physical fitness
About the employer
Inderwick Equestrian Activities Ltd is based at Topthorn Arena near Stonham Aspal which is a very popular equestrian competition centre in East Anglia. It has an indoor and outdoor arena which is an affiliated British Dressage venue. We hold weekly show jumping and dressage competitions plus many clinics and British Eventing training.
The closing date for this job offer is on 06/03/2020
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.